As popular as she is, not many are aware of some intricate details of one of Nigeria’s most respected On Air Personalities, Toke Makinwa.
Below are some wonderful details of the voice that made air waves attractive, be-friend-able, retainable and popular
- Toke was born on November 3, 1984. She is 32 years old, and belongs to one of the most powerful signs of the zodiac, Scorpio
- She is fondly called Toks
- She loves taking selfies, especially mirror selfies. She never misses an opportunity to take a good one.
- She is a media practitioner in every form. She is known for co-hosting The Morning Drive, a show on Rhythm 93.7FM, she was a also a presenter on Hip TV’s Trending where she interviewed numerous celebrities like OC Ukeje and Chiwetel Ejiofor. She is currently a presenter on Ebony life TV’s Moments With Mo. She is also a bestselling author for her book, On Becoming. She is also a YouTube blogger for her channel called TokeMoments. The only thing remaining is her acting debut which she hopes will happen anytime soon.
- She has a history of brand endorsements. She became a brand ambassador for United Africa Company (UAC) in 2013. She also signed a deal with Nestle to become an ambassador for Maggi. In 2016, she became the brand ambassador for Mecran Cosmetics. She was also an ambassador for the online pay store, She also became the first female brand ambassador for Ciroc in Africa.
- Toke Makinwa is an orphan. She lost her parents when she was younger to a fire accident in their home in Abuja.
- The light-skinned media personality was once married to Maje Ayida and the marriage was only a year old when it ended.
- Toke and Maje Ayida are not officially divorced. Despite the fact that the marriage ended in 2015 following a scandal revealing that Mr. Ayida impregnated his former girlfriend, they are still legally together as the divorce process hasn’t ended yet.
- Makinwa bleached her skin at some point to live up to the standards set by her estranged husband, Maje Ayida.
- She is one of the few media personalities who have successfully combined their love for fashion and lifestyle with their love for God. Toke is a bonafide Christian and one of the most respected fashionistas on the Nigerian entertainment scene.