Katsina Announces First Suspected Coronavirus Case

Date:

The Katsina State Government, on Wednesday, said it had recorded a first suspected case of coronavirus in the state.

The Permanent Secretary, in the state Ministry of Health, Dr Kabir Mustapha, made this known to newsmen in Katsina.

Mustapha said that the patient, who returned from Malaysia, developed some symptoms that warranted further investigations.

According to him, the patient is currently in self-isolation.

Mustapha said his samples had been taken and results are expected by Thursday, saying that contact tracing would commence as soon as the results were out.

He said that the ministry was taken all precautionary measures and closely working with the National Centre for Disease Control on the matter.

The permanent secretary said that the patient’s history of travel was a high index and the symptoms reported at the clinic prompted actions.

He said that since his arrival in the state, the patient had resulted in personal protection of using face mark and self-isolation.

Mustapha urged people in the host community of Dutsinma Town to be cautious of their movements and gatherings.

He also advised them to feel free to seek medical attention as all precautionary measures were in place to provide support.

(NAN)

Share post:

Subscribe

spot_imgspot_img

Popular

More like this
Related

Abimboye Congratulates Adeleke, Makes Case for Youth Empowerment, Grassroots Inclusion in Fresh Mandate

Journalist and politician, Michael Babatunde Abimboye, has congratulated Osun...

Hardship: Nigeria Won’t Survive Fallout of Bad Leadership, Obasanjo Warns

Former President Olusegun Obasanjo has fired his most direct...

Frozen Account: Adeleke Directs Attorney General to Drop Lawsuit Against EFCC

Re-elected Governor of Osun State, Ademola Adeleke, has instructed...

UniZik Orders Investigation after Viral Video Shows Students Beating Up Lecturer

The management of the Nnamdi Azikiwe University (UniZik), Awka,...