Connect with us

News

Southern, Middle Belt Leaders Demand Inquiry into Explosion at Nwodo’s Home

Published

on

By Eric Elezuo

Following the Sunday morning explosion at the home of President General of Ohaneze Ndigbo, Chief John Nnia Nwodo, as a result of a device thrown from an unknown person, the Southern and Middle Belt Leaders Forum has demanded an inquiry into the incidence.

In a press statement issued by the Forum and signed by Mr. Yinka Odumakin, the Forum noted that five days before the attack, Chief Nwodo, on behalf of the Southern and Middle Belt Forum, had decried the persecution General T.Y. Danjuma and his community were made to go through because he called on Nigerians to defend themselves against terrorist incursion since the security agencies were complicit in their duties.

While backing the self-defence call of General Danjuma as lawful and moral, the Forum demanded that thorough investigation into the issue of terror attack on Nwodo’s home should be made public so as to ascertain the fact that there is no cause and effect.

The Forum also expressed its worry over the incessant and intensified terror in the land in the last couple of months.

See the full press statement below:

The Leaders of Southern and Middle Belt Forum has received the initial reports of a bomb explosion that occurred at the Ukehe country home of the President General of Ohanaeze Ndigbo,Chief John Nnia Nwodo at around 5:30 am on Sunday when members of the household were getting ready for the early morning mass.

What has been described as an Improvised Explosive Device ,IED,was said to have been hurled over the fence into the compound causing damage to the windows,the ceiling of  one  the houses in the compound and air conditioning units.

We thank God for Nwodo that he did not suffer any loss of life in this terror attack .

Five days before this ungodly attack ,Nwodo was the spokesman of Southern and Middle Belt Forum Leaders at a press conference in Abuja where we bemoaned the harassments that Gen T.Y Danjuma and his community  have been subjected to over his call for Nigerians to defend themselves against attacks from terror herdsmen whom he alleged have collusion from security forces and operating unhinged.

The Southern and Middle Belt Leaders Forum therefore backed the self-defense call as lawful and moral.

This is why we are demanding a thorough investigation whose report will be made public into the terror attack on Nwodo’s home shortly after this press conference  so as to ascertain that there is no cause and effect in this incident .

We are stiff worried at the intensification of terror in our land but will hold our breath until we have reports of the investigations .

Yinka odumakin.
For: Southern and Middle Belt Leaders Forum.

Continue Reading
Click to comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

News

Just In: Fifth Columnists in the Presidency Working Against Tinubu, Says El-Rufai

Published

on

By

By Michael Effiong

Kaduna State Governor, Mallam Nasir El-Rufai, has revealed that there are some fifth columnists in the presidency who want the All Progressives Congress ( APC) to lose the 2023 Presidential election.

Speaking on Channels TV flagship programme, Sunrise Daily, Governor El-Rufai affirmed that there was serious division in the APC Presidential Campaign Council.

He stated that some people in the Presidency because Asiwaju Bola Tinubu was not their preferred candidate are working against his interest.

He noted that the Naira redesign was not an APC problem but a Presidency problem, urging Nigerians to ignore their current situation and still vote for Tinubu as a person.

On the fuel crisis, he said fuel subsidy had been a problem for many years and that it was President Buhari and not APC that has insisted on the subsidy which is costing the nation a whopping six Trillion Naira.

He revealed that as far back as 2016, Buhari had been advised to remove subsidy but he had bluntly refused.

Governor El Rufai used the opportunity to hail his tenure in Kaduna State, noting that his government has attracted over $4billion worth of investments to the state.

Continue Reading

News

Atiku Vows to Construct Funtua-Gusau-Sokoto Road, Reiterates End to Banditry

Published

on

By

The Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) presidential candidate in the February 25 presidential election, Atiku Abubakar, has pledged to reconstruct the Funtua-Gusau-Sokoto road, if elected. He also promised to float empowerment programmes that will combat poverty among the citizens.

Atiku made the pledges on Tuesday in Sokoto while addressing a crowd of supporters at his presidential campaign rally.

The PDP presidential candidate also pledged to end the security challenges bedevilling the nation, ensure stability for profitable farming, grazing as well as reopen the nation’s borders to bolster business activities.

He urged citizens to support PDP candidates at all levels at the forthcoming elections, vowing that a PDP-led administration would curb social, economic and infrastructural decay in the country.

Mr Atiku had inaugurated a remodelled presidential lodge and the Dandima flyover bridge constructed by the Governor Aminu Tambuwal’s administration.

The PDP presidential flag bearer also paid homage on the Sultan of Sokoto, Alhaji Abubakar Sa’ad III, after an interactive session with community and traditional rulers in the state.

Earlier, the PDP National Chairman, Dr Ayochia Ayu, presented the party’s flag to PDP governorship candidate in the State, Sa’idu Umar and received scores of defectors from the All Progressives Congress (APC).

Mr Ayu described the Sokoto rally as home coming and enjoined party loyalists to use their PVCs to change the national government as well as sustain the achievements of Tambuwal.

Leader of the defectors, Amb. Faruku Yabo, said the PDP-led administration in the state had the people’s interests at heart, and it was capable of surmounting the national challenges.

The event witnessed presentations from various party chieftains on the ways to address the challenges being faced by the citizens.

Continue Reading

News

Atiku Promises to End Banditry, Reconstruct Bakalori Dam in Zamfara

Published

on

By

The presidential candidate of the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP), Alhaji Atiku Abubakar, has said a PDP-led Federal Government will end banditry in Zamfara State.

Atiku, who was in Gusau on Monday for a campaign rally, also promised to reconstruct Bakalori Dam to aid irrigation farming in the state. He noted that apart from Borno and Yobe states, Zamfara State has paid dearly for the spate of insecurity in the country, which he blamed on the All Progressives Congress (APC)-led Federal Government.

“They brought insecurity, poverty, and disunity; our youth are not going to school because teachers are not paid in secondary and tertiary institutions.

“With your vote, you will expunge them. I promise to restore peace and security in Nigeria. I have done it in the past (and) I see no reason why with your support and backing, by the grace of God, there won’t be peace in Nigeria,” the PDP candidate asserted.

He promised to work with the state government to revitalise the closed down textile companies, adding that businessmen would be supported with capital to open and go into textile production for job generation.

“We will open (closed) borders because it is not in line with the law. Our borders are closed while others are open; there is no justice in this,” he noted.

The vice presidential candidate, Governor Ifeanyi Okowa, expressed confidence that PDP would secure over 80 per cent votes in Zamfara State.

Continue Reading

Trending

%d bloggers like this: