The St. Gregory’s College ground, South West Ikoyi Lagos was the venue for the St. Gregory’s College Old Boys association 3rd annual general assembly and election of new executive members.
The election process was presided over by the electoral committee made up of the Chairman, Mr. Escor Achibong and 6 others.
All executive positions were open for elections however most of the officers were returned unopposed.
The roll call of re elected executive members are
1. Justice Niyi Ademola Adetokunbo – President
2. Mr. Francis Kudaya – 1st Vice President Unopposed
3. Sir Uche Nwokedi – 2nd Vice President Unopposed
4. Mr. Bernie Grant – General Secretary
5. Mr. Moses Nwanze – Publicity Secretary
6. Mr. Anthony Akpala – Asst. General Secretary Unopposed
7. Mr. Francis Bolaji Medsso – Treasurer Unopposed
8. Atiba Adegoke – Social Secretary Unopposed
9. Mr. Ope Osho – Auditor Unopposed
10. Mr. Babatunde Abozos – Archivist Unopposed
11. Mr Yinka Marinho – Membership Secretary Unopposed
12. AIG Tunji Alapini – Ex Officio
13. Comrade Ayodele Adewale – Ex Officio
Following a keenly contested election, Justice Adeniyi Ademola Adetokunbo who is a grandson of Sir Ademola Adetokunbo, the first indigenous Chief Justice of Nigeria was voted in as President whilst Mr. Bernie Grant and Mr. John Nwaze were elected as General Secretary and Publicity Secretary respectively.
The new executives were immediately handed the mandate to uphold and promote the vision of the association.
Mr. John Abebe, who handed the leadership of the organisation to Justice Niyi Ademola Adetokunbo, went on to become a member, board of trustees, the highest body of the organisation, an promised to always give his best to the organisation. His leadership and that of his administration will always be remembered for good.