The Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, has announced that it will arraign a former Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Mohammed Dikko Umar before Justice Binta Nyako of the Federal High Court, Abuja, tomorrow (Wednesday, May 11, 2016).
President Muhammadu Buhari had given the anti-graft agency the nod to beam its searchlight on the immediate past Chief of Defence Staff (CDS), Air Chief Marshal Alex Sabundu Badeh, former Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Mohammed Dikko Umar (2010 -2012) and the immediate past Chief of Air Staff, Air Marshal Adesola Nunayon Amosu, for alleged fraudulent arms purchases for the Air Force between 2007 and 2015.
Also penned down for investigation by the anti-graft agency are 16 other retired and serving military officers and 21 firms said to have been awarded the contracts.
The companies have been traced to associates and relatives of some of the suspects.
Meanwhile, a committee on the audit of defence equipment has confirmed that Nigeria spent about $2billion and another N29billion on NAF procurement alone during the period in question.
Malam Garba Shehu,Senior Special Assistant (Media and Publicity) to the President, gave the names of those to be investigated as follows:
(1) Air Chief Marshal A.S. Badeh (Rtd)
(2) Air Marshal M.D. Umar (Rtd)
(3) Air Marshal A.N. Amosu (Rtd)
(4) Maj-Gen. E.R. Chioba (Rtd), former Director General, Defence Industry Corporation of Nigeria (DICON)
(5) AVM I.A. Balogun (Rtd)
(6) AVM A.G. Tsakr (Rtd)
(7) AVM A.G. Idowu (Rtd)
(8) AVM A.M. Mamu (NAF Chief of Administration)
(9) AVM O.T. Oguntoyinbo (former Director of Production, Defence Headquarters)
(10) AVM T. Omenyi (MD, NAF Holdings)
(11) AVM J.B. Adigun (former Chief of Accounts and Budgeting)
(12) AVM R.A. Ojuawo (Air Force Tactical Air Command, Makurdi)
(13) AVM J.A. Kayode-Beckley (Director, Armament Research in Air Force Research and Development Centre)
(12) Air Cdre S.A. Yushau (Rtd)
(13) Air Cdre A.O. Ogunjobi
(14) Air Cdre G.M.D. Gwani
(15) Air Cdre S.O. Makinde
(16) Air Cdre A.Y. Lassa
(16) Col N. Ashinze (Special Military Assistant to former NSA Sambo Dasuki)
(17) Lt Col. M.S. Dasuki (Rtd).