By Ibrahim Bunu
In 2015, we changed a government under which human beings and businesses fared well. The South watched as the Northern oligarchy, with the help of Lagos media, demonised the government of the day, manipulated the electoral process to install a radical Islamist and we said nothing.
1. He appointed our Chief of Army Staff and Chief of Air Staff from his tribe/religion, we said nothing.
2. He appointed our National Security Adviser from his tribe/religion,we said nothing.
3. He followed it up with appointment of DG DSS from his village/ religion, we clapped for him.
4. He appointed Chairman EFCC from his tribe/religion; we kept quiet.
5. He appointed IGP from his religion and we said nothing.
6. He appointed Minister of Defence from his tribe and religion, we said nothing.
7. He appointed Minister of Interior from his tribe/religion, and we clapped for him.
8. He appointed CG Immigration from his tribe and religion, we were the more quiet.
9. He appointed CG Civil Defence from his own religion and region, we said nothing.
10. He appointed CG Prisons from his own tribe and religion and we hailed him.
11. He appointed DG NIA from his village, tribe and religion and we said it is his prerogative as President.
12. He appointed Chief of Defence Intelligence from his tribe and religion; we were the more quiet.
13. He appointed his kinsman, same religion, tribe and region the INEC Chairman, just to ensure he declares him winner even if he loses, and we equally said nothing!
14. He appointed the Attorney General of the Federation and Minister of Justice from his tribe and religion, we said nothing too!
15. A man is elected President and he concentrated the appointments of heads of entire security agencies in the country in one religion and region and you didn’t notice it was in furtherance of an agenda?
16. Why is he so interested in having all the security heads from his religion and region?
17. Generals Obasanjo and T.Y. Danjuma, President Buhari’s major supporters, have come out publicly to speak on their fears for Nigeria. The elders know Nigeria is sliding into great danger. Any moment from now, like they called Chief Obasanjo names; they will call Gen. Danjuma too.
They might tell you it’s because PMB has stopped corruption that the General is angry and crying. They won’t tell you that General Danjuma is a very rich Nigerian already that do not need anything from government appointees.
18. Once President Buhari returned from London, after his last discharge from hospital, at the peak of IPOB agitation, he made a national broadcast and launched “Operation Python Dance” to deal with IPOB. His Attorney General applied to court to declare IPOB a terror group and proscribe it. IPOB never killed a single Nigerian to our knowledge.
19. Up till this day, the President has not made any broadcast on fulani herdsmen and their militant wing, that have killed and pillaged Nigerians in their thousands. Their leaders come out to take responsibility for such killings and they are still walking free. No arrest. No prosecution. It is an agenda.
20. Who do we now blame? We were warned but we didn’t heed the warnings. We needed change so badly and anything but Jonathan was fine.
21. Chief Femi Falana, Pastor Tunde Bakare and other rights advocates, you have let Nigerians down. You spoke so vehemently against GEJ but kept quiet in the face of tyranny, injustice and killing of Nigerians under PMB. God will request the blood of the Nigerians who have died in the hands of the emboldened herdsmen, at your hands.
As General Danjuma said, we are in real danger in Nigeria. Silence is no longer golden!