A British-educated tech boss died after his mobile phone exploded as he slept next to it, it’s reported.
Nazrin Hassan was charging two smartphones in his bedroom when one of them is believed to have burst into flames, setting fire to his mattress.
The dad-of-three, who studied at the University of Buckingham and Kings College London, was chief of Malasia-based Cradle Fund.
A company spokesman confirmed that a post mortem showed the businessman was killed due to “blast injuries” caused by a mobile phone charging next to him.
Chief Operations Officer of Cradle, Razif Aziz said the firm had lost a “creative genius”.
He said in a statement: “Cradle has lost a visionary and creative genius, and the world has lost an amazing human being.
Nazrin received a Bachelor of Laws (LL.B hons) from the University of Buckingham in 1994.
He also completed his Master of Laws in 1997 at King’s College London.
He was also a committee member of the United Kingdom Executive Council for Malaysian Students (UKEC).
“Those of us who have been fortunate enough to know and work with Nazrin have lost a dear friend and an inspiring mentor.”
According to The Malaysian Insight, Hassan’s brother-in-law said Nazrin had two phones – a Blackberry and a Huawei.
He reportedlty posted on social media: “We don’t know which one exploded.
“Who would have thought such an innocuous routine procedure is the reason three young kids will grow up without their father by their side.”