As shocking as the news is, the truth remains that prolific and talented actress, Moji Olaiya, has bowed out, not only from the acting stage but also from life.
Here, below, are some of her personality traits you may not have known:
- Moji Olaiya is the daughter of prolific highlife musician, Victor Olaiya. She was born on February 27, 1975.
2. She began her acting career in Wale Adenuga’s Super Story. The actress played the role of “Ireti”.
3. Moji was once married to Bayo Okesola in 2007 but the marriage ended on the grounds of domestic violence.
4. Seven years after she was separated from her husband, Moji converted to Islam.
5. On December 10th 2016, the Apaadi actress was unveiled as a Global Peace Ambassador by the founder of the US based Arts4Peace, Her Majesty, Queen Munni Irone of Beverly Hills, California.
6. In 2015, the award winning actress was honoured by the Nigerian Police Force in Abuja for being a role model to Nigerian Youths.
7. After giving birth to her first child, Adunoluwa, in 1999, Moji welcomed her second child 18 years later on March 17, 2017.
8. Although, Moji had made her English debut in Super Story, she made her indigenous debut in the Yoruba movie, Agunbaniro.
9. In 2015 while she was celebrating her mother’s birthday, Moji lost her elder brother, Alfred Abidemi Olaiya on May 4.
10. Olaiya died on May 18 which is exactly two years and thirteen days after her elder brother’s death. Her last Instagram post, 24 hours before her death read, ‘thank you for the gift of life.
May her soul rest in perfect peace.